A first


I experienced another first as a Mom. Yesterday, our 7 year old son Caleb, broke his wrist. Being a little too careless on a slide at the park sent him tumbling over the side. So, my 'cautious' one had the first break in the whole family (even in mom and dad's family as well). One of the first things he said after it happened was 'I should have never gone down that slide!' So, at the end of a very long day spent at Children's ER, my drama queen was so brave, tired and a little pitiful. I am sad for him as the cast is already 'getting old' and he so wanted to swim with his cousins as they visit one more time soon. But I am very thankful it wasn't worse and that we were here in San Diego instead of Karamoja where things would have been a little more complicated. :) We leave for Uganda in almost 6 weeks, so I really pray that cast is off before then!

Comments

Hello, my name is Michael. I met Pastor David at the Hoagies & Stogies event. Just wanted to let you know I wrote an article about it:

http://theopenlife.blogspot.com/2010/05/hoagies-and-stogies-men-who-appreciate.html
Steve Okken said…
Hi my name is Steve Okken, My Dad, Paul Okken Planted the Baptist Church in Rwanda 1967 and in Kivu, Eastern Congo 1947. My Brother Tim has planted the Gospel among the Daruma tribe on the coast of Kenya. 10 believers 1996. 2010 1600 baptzed believers. 7 churches. (strong muslim influence) 1913. My Grandmother six months pregnant w/ Dad had a 2 week re-occuring dream of lost Africans so unsettling. Are you a part of our family? Elgin, North Dakota? Steve Okken Phx Az. email okkenstephen@yahoo.com

Popular posts from this blog

Big News

Still Out Here...

Sojourns, Snow and Sickness