Footsie and Random Things

Sunshine here. Before I talk about the footsie part, let me say another thank you to all our visitors we have had this summer. We enjoyed all of those that visited. My kids especially enjoyed them. Thanks AGAIN to those that helped Megan with her speech therapy. She misses you.

Caleb, our 6 ½ year old, is very excited about our upcoming trip to the states for furlough. He even has a countdown on our school whiteboard. His first task in the morning these days is to change the number! We all are getting excited about our trip home in about 2 months. It’s hard to believe that it will be almost 2 years since we will have been back in San Diego and seen some of our family and friends! We look forward to seeing all of you soon. We also ask for your prayers as we are setting up our furlough speaking schedule and for the details of setting up a temporary home in San Diego.

Please also pray for the health of some of our Mission. Some of you may have heard about the illnesses running around our station. Between visitors and mission members, we have had stomach viruses, malaria and even a case of pneumonia. Those that are sick now seem to be on the mend for which we are thankful. Thank you for all of your prayers.

Now, the footsie part. Since we have been in this house we have had snake issues from time to time. A few have gotten into our back room through our screen door. At one point we did a good job of sealing it up so they cannot get in. Well, this back room happens to be where we get the best internet connection. The other day I started propping that back door open as it got me a more consistent signal. With laptop on, well, my lap, legs crossed and door propped open, I suddenly felt a tickle on the top of my foot. I looked down to see a little snake (about 12 inches) slithering across my foot! I quickly screamed, jumped up and it moved but didn’t go far. I closed the door quickly and went to look for the nearest possible weapon. When I opened the door back up with umbrella in hand it had vanished. Needless to say that was the last time the door was propped open for a better signal.

Comments

Karen said…
What kind of snake was it? I would guess by the size of it- a baby - where's mama? Or is it mamba?
Megan said…
Ahhh! Honestly, was a little part of you relieved when it had disappeared before you returned? (I would have been.)

Popular posts from this blog

Still Out Here...

Big News

Sojourns, Snow and Sickness